Thursday 31 March 2011

My favourite place

Everyone always asks where is my most favourite place i've visited. Thats probably the hardest question ever because I have loved every single place I have ever gone.

My favourite country is Croatia. They say Croatia is an undiscovered paradise. Its definitely true.

I went to Croatia in July 2010. We first arrived to Dubrovnik and stayed for 5 days.

Driving from the airport to the old town of Dubrovnik, the sun was setting and cast the most amazing colours over the town.
The old town is the main sight of Dubrovnik with its well preserved walls which you can walk your way around. It gives amazing views to the ocean and to view the whole of the old town.
No cars are allowed into the old town and it is paved with white marble tiles.. it is beautiful.

We spent the days going off to different islands. the best day was going to mljet where we swam in the salt lakes and hired convertibles to drive around the island. the place is stunning. I wish I was back there right now.



After spending 5 amazing days in Dubrovnik we caught the bus to Split where we stayed for 3 days. Split was definitely alot more laid back than Dubrovnik but I still loved it. We stayed in some amazing apartments right in the centre of the old town. We went to some great markets and explored the diocletians palace.
I'm always amazed at seeing places that are hundreds and hundreds of years old. I cant imagine that people were actually standing in the exact same place as I am all those years ago. I always feel like its not the real place, like its a replica of the place that was once there.



Croatia is just so amazing and the most beautiful place I have ever been to. I would love to make the time to go back again soon.

If anyone wants some more information about either Dubrovnik or Split, where to go, where to stay etc just email me on labellavita.travel@hotmail.com and I can give you everything you need!!

No comments:

Post a Comment