Tuesday 10 May 2011

The Bus

Probably the worst part of a tour is the excessive amount of time spent on a bus. But when you want to see so much of Turkey in 15 days you have to expect alot of time of the bus.

By the end of the trip I was so sick of the bus, but we did have some pretty good times on there..

The best part was Muz our driver. He was awesome. He was about 60, white hair with an impressive white moe. Barely spoke english but everyday he was so happy, he gave me a high 5 every time I came on the bus. To all the girls he would take our backpacks from our back and put them under the bus.
One time he stopped on the side of the road so we could buy strawberries from the strawberry farmers, we didnt have much water to wash them so Muz came out and gave us his big bottle of water and washed the strawberries for us. awww. so nice.
Despite his lack of english he was a pretty cool guy. I think our whole tour misses him already!!

The scenery of Turkey was not at all what I expected. It was very green, vast lands and farms covered the area and sometimes I would just sit looking out to the land for a while just taking it all in.
The most surprising part was that were some snow covered mountains.. who knew there was snow in turkey???

I think when I was on the bus I couldnt wait to get off, but now thinking about it, it wasnt that bad... i'll wait till my next big bus trip and I will probably re-think that statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment