Saturday 7 May 2011

Ephesus & Kusadasi

We headed to Ephesus, which is the best preserved ancient city in turkey.
It was built around 300 BC- 500 AD and most of the city is still preserved and some parts are slightly reconstructed . The original marble is still there and its so beautiful to see it all.
It literally blows me away and I can never get my head around that people built this absolutely amazing cities so long ago and that alot of it is still there. insane!!
There was a massive theatre built into the hill which the most impressive part of the city. Apparently Elton John gave a concert there.

We spent 3 hours around Ephesus its that big, they started excavating the city in 1856 and they say they have only found 17% of the city!



We stayed at a hotel right on the beach of kusadadi where I had another turkish bath. It was better than the first!! I could get one every week. We finally had a great dinner although I'm getting sick of buffet food, watched an amazing sunset over the water and prepared for the next day heading to gallipoli. Im very excited for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment